Usually, the present simple is used for three important uses to show:
1. the habits by using these expressions:
- on ( thuesdays, wednesday, Fridays, );
- adverbs of frequency ( always, usually, sometimes, never, often, etc.)
- with every( day, month, minute, hour, year, etc).
Ex: I always play soccer on sundays with my friends.
Every saturday, i eat soup with my family.
2. permanent activiy.
Ex: i work as a teacher. ( permanent, that's to say, it's something in the past, present and may the future).
3. timetable future or scheduled future.
Ex: The plane leaves at 10 o'clock in the morning.
I have a meeting at 6 pm tomorrow.
Meanwhile, the past simple is used to show an activity or event that passed or happened in the past and finished or endee¡d in the past. Normally, is used with these expressions:
- yesterday,
- last before these words: ( month, wek, day, etc).
Ex. Last ( month, week, day, year, etc).
- ago after these words: month, year, week, etc.
Ex. (two months, 3 days, one week, etc) ago.
Ex: I went to see my parens last week.
No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario